Theme Social Games
Deck out in your fav gear, hat, jersey, beads, mask, or boa. About every other month, the club celebrates a special occasion with a themed duplicate bridge game to include:
- Fat Tuesday - includes red beans and rice, King's Cake and a costume contest with prizes. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Arriba! Cinco de Mayo - On May 5, celebrate with Mexico the unlikely victory over the forces of Napoleon III. Take a shot at your own victory this day by playing duplicate bridge!
- Hot Dog! It’s Tailgate Saturday! – Play a fall game tailgate style with hot dogs, hamburgers, and covered dish sides served before the afternoon game. Wear your school colors, and vie for prizes. Go team!
- Hey, Boo! It’s Halloween – Wear your best costume, sci-fi to monster mash. Trick or treat? There will be candy for bridge.
- Ho, Ho, Holiday Game! – It’s more than reindeer games! Busy elves and Santas play morning and afternoon with a festive catered lunch served between games. The annual membership meeting is held after lunch, and officers and board members for the following year are announced.
- Celebrate! New Year's Eve – Ring in the new year with the party starting early with a social hour, heavy hor d'oeurvres, and followed by an open game of bridge to end the year.